All sounds and patterns are directly from Extreme Drumsynth.
"Extreme Drumsynth ... is now the only plugin I use for synthesized drums.
... you can actually synthesize drums that sound close to acoustic ones! Simply amazing."
-deastman (kvraudio forum)
"I'm awestruck ... by far the best electronic drums
I've heard thus far."
-jobromedia (kvraudio forum)
"... believe me this is not another drumsynth, I would highly recommend anyone interested to give it a try."
"This one must be the most powerful drum synth ever ...
I just tried the new beta with the sequencer and it blew my mind."
* Windows Operation System
* VST Host Software (Cubase, Reaper, Savihost, etc.)
* CPU with SSE
Extreme Drumsynth is a VST Drum machine where you can create dynamic drum patterns using fully synthesized drum kits. It contains a drum synthesizer and a step sequencer. The sequencer can trigger the built in sounds or send midi output to other drum plugins.
With the drum synthesizer you can:
- Emulate acoustic drumkits and classic drum machines.
- Create unique drum sounds, real or synthetic.
- Quickly find great sounds with presets that cover many musical styles.
- Get punchy, realistic drums using the fast multipoint envelopes.
- Shape the sound with the flexible filters, compressor and waveshaper.
With the step sequencer you can:
- Create interesting patterns that randomly change every time they play.
- Change patterns live using midi.
- Create complete songs by chaining patterns within the sequencers.
- Trigger external vst drum plugins with midi allowing you to use the powerful sequencer with other drum samples.
How it works
With Extreme Drumsynth, you create sounds using a combination of additive, subtractive, and wavetable synthesis. This creates a complex set of modes which you can shape using a flexible band pass filter and combine with filtered noise.
You can add seperate multi-point envelopes to almost any parameter to help you get a dynamic, punchy sound.
You can randomize each hit to sound different from the previous hit, just like a real drum. You can create sounds that vary based on velocity to make loud hits sound different from soft hits. You can also create 4 variations for each sound allowing you to morph between different sounds based on host automation or the internal step sequencer.
- 3 demo song presets
- 300 preprogrammed patterns
- 165 sound presets
- 8 outputs.
- 2 Oscillators with up to 14 layers total.
- Noise generator.
- 2 resonant band pass filters.
- Up to 10 mutex groups.
- 2 LFOs.
- Independent envelopes on most parameters.
- Patch randomizer.
- Step Sequencer with:
- 16 steps per pattern.
- up to 48 patterns per preset.
- velocity, random group, xy blend, fills, and timing shift per step.
June 4, 2010 - v1.6.1 release
- Added Pad Mute/Solo
- Added Randomization for each step. (Hold Shift to update all steps at once)
- Updated Presets.
- Enabled Host Automation of XY Blend Values for each pad
- New evolutionary patch randomization.